Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fitness FACTS

My hands and/or feet swell during exercise. Is this normal?
I have chronic fatigue syndrome, which makes exercise difficult. Any suggestions?
I have asthma. Can I still exercise?
Will a heart rate monitor accurately estimate how many calories I burn during strength training?
How can I get rid of my cellulite? Will it go away when I lose weight?
I'm trying to build muscle while losing weight. Any advice?
Is it possible to do too much cardio?
I just started exercising to lose weight, but I've gained weight. Why did this happen?
For someone who has weak ankle and knee joints, do wraps or braces actually help prevent injury when exercising?
I read that weight training burns more fat than cardio. If I can only do one of the two, should I weight train?
Does sex count as cardio? How many calories does it burn?
Do lower-intensity "fat burning" workouts really burn more fat?
Does exercising on an empty stomach (such as first thing in the morning) burn more fat?
Is SparkPeople's cardio tracker accurate in how many calories it says I have burned? Most of the time it differs from what my treadmill says.
How do I know how many calories I burn doing Pilates? Does it count as cardio or strength training?
Is it true that lifting weights causes women to bulk up?
What can I do to lose weight in my stomach? I’ve been doing lots of crunches but they don’t seem to help.
Why does the Fitness Tracker not calculate calories burned through strength training?
I'm still sore from yesterday's workout. Should I rest today or keep working out until the soreness goes away?
Is it okay to exercise when you have a cold?
I can get by with 5-6 hours of sleep – is it really a big deal?
What is circuit training?
I know that exercise (stability) balls come in different sizes, but how do I know which size is right for me?
I just sprained my ankle pretty badly. What can I do to help it heal quicker and what kind of exercises can I do in the meantime?
How do you get rid of excess skin from weight loss or prevent this problem from happening?
Are there any exercises to strengthen my knees, or do I have to wait until I lose more weight?
How can I prevent my calf muscle from cramping while I jog?
How many reps should I do?
What exercises can I do at home? My budget is really tight and I cannot afford to join a gym.
I am never sure how much I should be lifting and have heard about max weights but have no idea how to find mine.
Will Pilates alone help to tone or should I lift weights?
How can I get more toned?
I have never done resistance training before – how should I start?
Can I substitute my yoga classes for a cardio workout?
Why is it important to warm up and stretch?
If you are doing cardio and weight training on the same day, does it matter which one you do first?
How do I know if I've reached a plateau? What can I do to jump start my weight loss again?
How do I figure out my target heart rate? How long do I need to work out after reaching it?
How often should I walk? Should I focus on miles or minutes?

No comments: